Growth Promotion demonstrates that media used in environmental monitoring programs, media fills, or personnel qualification are capable of supporting microorganism growth.
Benefits of growth promotion testing:
- Reduces risk of false negative results if media does not support growth
- Reduces risk of false positive results if media is contaminated (negative control sample required)
- Ensures media used in environmental monitoring provides an accurate representation of environmental control in compounding areas
- Meets FDA and USP microbiological growth media requirements
- Verifies media vendor's certificate of analysis
ARL has a new submission form specific for "Growth Promotion" tests. This new form is a quick selection form for media types, organism tests, and incubation time and temperature.